Please allow all students from third (3rd) through sixth (6th) grade bring their Newport Beach Public Library card to school during the week of December 5th. I will be showing them how to borrow eBooks.
If your child attended NCE in first grade they should have a NBPL card given during their field trip to the library.
Thank you for your support.
eBooks at the NBPL
NCE Library is promoting the use of the NBPL eBooks.
Use the link for quick access: http://www.newportbeachlibrary.org/ebranch
Why spend money when we can use the public libraries to get them for free!!!
Our Newest Library Aides
Library Aides Needed
If you are interested in becoming an Upper Grade Library Aide,
- Pick up the permission slip from the library needed for training and signed by your teacher and parent.
- Permission Slip Due: Mon., Nov. 14 to Ms. McCormick by 3:15 p.m.
- Training Day 1 is Wed., Nov. 16 in the Library by 9 am - 12 p.m.
- Essay Due: Thur., Nov. 17 to Ms. McCormick by 3:15 p.m.
- Write a one-page essay: (no larger than 14 font, single space if typed)
- What do you think makes a good library aide?
- Why do I want to become a library aide?
- How do you think a library aide should behave?
- Library Aide Test is Fri., Nov. 18 in the Library at 12:50-1:30 p.m. (After you eat lunch, come take the test)
Just Read is our theme!
...More details later.
Newport Beach Public Library
Libraries are not absolute just because of the electronic device explosion! They are equip to handle all kinds of devices and fill the love of reading via technology.
The Newport Beach Public Library has many ebooks! I encourage you to go check that out!!